Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

總會長文告

Press statement by MCA President Datuk Seri Dr. Chua Soi Lek on fake Facebook accounts

It is regrettable to see that some unscrupulous persons have abused social networking media like Facebook to create fake accounts of politicians and public figures to spread lies and rumours.

Not only were Prime Minister Dato' Sri Haji Mohd Najib bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak, Minister in the Prime Minister Department Dato' Seri Mohamed Nazri bin Tan Sri Abdul Aziz and Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Tan Sri Dato' Hj Hassan passed off by unscrupulous people, I too am also a victim of fake Facebook accounts.

For the record, I had only one Facebook account and I have stopped managing it as well as have shut it down after it was hacked by hackers.

However, there are still at least 4 fake/unofficial Facebook accounts created under my name. I wish to clarify that I have not created nor authorized anyone to manage a new Facebook account and that an official announcement will be made should I have created a new account for myself.

Members of the public must be more cautious when they are invited to “like” or “add” any public figures so that they will not be manipulated or fooled by these unscrupulous people.

I condemn such an act to spread lies and rumors and welcome the authorities to act against the creators of fake or unofficial Facebook accounts with malicious intent.



Datuk Seri Dr. Chua Soi Lek

MCA President


總會長文告



吉隆坡3日訊)馬華總會長拿督斯里蔡細歷醫生對一些不負責任份子濫用諸如面子書等社交網站,利用政治人物和公眾人物的名義開設冒名帳戶,以散播虛假消息和製造謠言的行徑感到非常的遺憾。

他說,不只是首相拿督斯里納吉、內政部長拿督斯里希山慕丁及總警長丹斯里慕沙哈山被不負責任份子冒名使用,他本人也成了冒名面子書帳戶的受害者。

蔡細歷今日針對首相遭人冒名開設虛假帳戶的事件發表文告指出,他本身也曾在面子書上開設一個帳戶,不過在遭駭客侵襲後,他已決定關閉這個帳戶。

“不過,目前面書子上至少還有4個利用我的名義開設的冒名帳戶,我要鄭重澄清,我暫時不開設任何新的面子書帳戶,同時也沒有授權任何人以我的名義,管理這些所謂的面子書帳戶。”

他提醒公眾,當他們受邀或加入任何公眾人物的社交網站帳戶時,必須小心的審查,以免被不責任份子玩弄和利用。

蔡細歷也譴責利用冒名帳戶散播虛假消息和製造謠言的行徑,並支持有關方面採取行動,對付別有居心和惡意的冒名帳戶的開設者。

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog

As a concerned MCA member, I am trying my best to help in the process of rebuilding and repositioning of the party.

Therefore, I welcome party members and members of public to post your constructive suggestions and opinions on my blog on how to rebuild and reform the party, eventually enabling MCA to regain support from all party members and the community.


Thank you for your suggestions.