I have been invited by The New Straits Times editorial to the NST live session this coming Thursday at 3pm at as stated as above. It is a brand new interactive platform that enabled the invited guests go "live" to interact with the readers online. As for my session tomorrow, I welcome you to join me at http://www.nst.com.my/
Here are some information to help you to understand how it works:
- There's nothing to do during a Live Event other than read, watch and occasionally send in a comment or vote in the polling questions.
- It's not a chatroom. You go to largely find out what the writer has to say. An open chat with thirty or more readers turns into poor, disjointed content very quickly.
- Your comments are published at the Writer's discretion. The Writer can view all comments sent to them but only they can publish your comments for everyone to see.
- Our 'autoscroll' feature ensures you're always shown the newest content without having to refresh or scroll your screen. You can turn this on or off by using the controls at the bottom of the Viewer Window.
- Subtle sound effects alert you to new content as the writer publishes it. This can also be turned on or off as needed.
(Pic & info courtesy from nst online)