Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

Thank you, ASTRO!

Good morning, everyone.

First of all, I have to thank ASTRO for inviting me to be one of the panel members in their ASTRO AEC’s forum that was held live last Saturday night. As an MCA member, my loyalty is still to the party. I may have my differences with the leadership, but when it comes to protecting the party, I’ll be the first to do so.

Loyalty to the party should not be confused with loyalty to leadership. If the leadership has done anything wrong in managing the party, then I’m entitled to my opinion and right to criticize the leadership. Blind obedience to leadership has never been my cup of tea.

This time, the voters have the courage to vote for change for the betterment of the country. After the disaster in this election, MCA leadership and members must not think that it is still business as usual. Members can continue to attack me and I have no problem with that. It is better to win the heart of rakyat based on party policy and image rather than to rely on individual candidates.

I am a victim of character assassination. People can continue to talk about my failings but I will continue to move on with my life and I believe in what I am doing while they continue to attack me.

In Astro, I defended MCA in the limited time that I had. It comes as a surprise to comrades who think that I will use the opportunity to attack the party and the leadership. I will continue to serve the party in whatever capacity that I can and people can continue to attack me anonymously while my family and I will go on with our life.



上星期六,我受邀上ASTRO AEC频道制作的《就事论事》现场清谈节目,与另两名嘉宾探讨“马华如何从新出发”。我要感谢制作单位的邀请,给我机会参与这项讨论。

我要强调,虽然我目前只是一名普通党员,但我对党的效忠不变。我或许和党领导层有分歧,但如果党需要,我会奋不顾身第一时间挺身维护它。

必须认清的是,忠于党不等于忠于领导层;对党和领导层的效忠不能混为一谈。如果领导层对党管理不当,我认为,身位党员的我有权力进行批评。“愚忠”绝非我所为。

在这届大选,选民体现前所未有的勇气,为更好的明天投下手中一票。经过这场败役,马华领导层和全体党员也应顺应民意,作出调整和改变,不能继续一如我故。党员可以继续攻击我,我没有异议。我认为,马华应该以良好的政策和形象赢取民心,而不是依靠个人魅力。

我认为我是人身攻击的受害者。当然,关于我下台的前因后果,人们可以继续抨击。不过,在你们对我评头论足的当儿,我和我的家人选择继续前进,继续我们的生活。

在ASTRO《就事论事》节目中,许多人以为我会借用这个平台痛批党和领导层,但我却把握非常有限的时间,为马华好的一面辩护。此举让许多同僚感到意外。

这是我的大原则:我效忠,但不愚忠。虽然我只是一名普通党员,对党的忠心依然不变。我会在我能力范围内,不遗余力地为马华奉献



7 comments:

Zheng YingJie said...

你說得對,忠於黨不代表忠於領導層,人民也是,忠於國家不代表忠於政府,好自爲之

朱墨华 said...

赞同你所说的“马华应该以良好的政策和形象赢取民心,而不是依靠个人魅力。”

表面上说一套,暗地里做一套的领袖应该轰他下台!

BB COMMUNITY said...

Very good sharing, Dr Chua. As a citizen, we only want to see improvement rather than too much of unneccessary argument. You are having the right attitude when dealing with media this time, and we hope to see more contribution from you in the future. Well done!

Lysendar said...

Dear Dr. Chua,

After hearing what you said, i really respect you. Your point of view is solid. I agreed with you that, there are lot of things said it's easy, but not easy to do. As what you said, there are some issued that is very sensitive and need tackle very careful. As a Malaysian, what we want is united everybody to move forward. What happened been happened, argued too much also no point. Hope that, you will be able to do more things for us in future. Keep it up

chanchristine said...

多做,少批评。要再健立你的新形像,当管管你的支持者。不要当我们是笨蛋,我们是有智慧的。医生,对你有信心,拭目以待。

Eddie Lim said...

蔡医生,
请问您自从发生了不愉快的事件后,您在马华还能发挥多大的影响力,以监督马华未来的发展方向?

华社在马来西亚已成为二等公民,甚至在某些地方连外劳也不如,马华在未来能为华社争取到什么?还是会像过去五十年一样一天不如一天,沦为像印尼华侨一样没地位?

华社人口每年都在下降,在政治上将会被削弱而处以被动甚至被边缘化,请问马华有什么对策?

Tony Yew said...

Sir,
Firstly, let me congratulate you on your foresight in starting this blog.
I have not been privy to your role as the health Minister as most policies do not reach me as a citizen. I saw no change in the health services except the charges.
But Imust say that most people I have met has one way or another said good things about you in your previous role.

Do drop in my blog, but I am hoping to meet you in person to do a video interview with you for myblog-tv.blogspot.com
you may reach me at tonyyew@gmail.com

Welcome to my Blog

As a concerned MCA member, I am trying my best to help in the process of rebuilding and repositioning of the party.

Therefore, I welcome party members and members of public to post your constructive suggestions and opinions on my blog on how to rebuild and reform the party, eventually enabling MCA to regain support from all party members and the community.


Thank you for your suggestions.